Today I want to introduce you to 217 N. Main St Granby, Missouri. This is the first location of my quilt shop. The pictures I have included are a progression of our journey to save this historic building.  I have the original abstract but it does not specify when the building was built. I do know that it once was a nice jewelry store call Stokes Jewelry. I have been told it was a barber shop at one time, but I have not seen any proof of that. Prior to Ted Segar's ownership of the building, it is my understanding that a man named Bruce Grimes had a gun shop in the building. After watching the building slowly deteriorate throughout my childhood, I sought out the owner, Ted Segar, and requested permission to purchase it from him. It took me one year to save up enough money to buy it. I purchased the building from Ted  for $4,000 cash.  During the 4 years that followed, I slowly earned the money to put on a new roof, spray foam insulation, and open a small quilt shop. This building is near and dear to my heart but is very small. My business out grew this location, so I have had to purchase a larger building. We are currently located at 314 N. Main St. I have since rented out the building to Wayne Brooks. It is currently Dark Star Tattoo parlor. I love this little piece of history greatly and it is proof that historic buildings can be saved and serve our community for commercial purposes bringing in tax dollars. 























Comments